The Las Vegas Business Press has selected 10 winners in its eighth annual Green Awards program:
- Tom Axtell, general manager of Vegas PBS, has been named the Sustainability Executive of the Year.
- MGM Resorts International won in the hotel/casino category.
- The Venetian will be honored for renovation in the large space category.
- Green Alliance won in the marketing and advertising campaign category.
- Green Chips was selected in the nonprofit category.
- Regional Transportation Commission won in the public agency category.
- Southern Nevada Strong won in the innovation category.
- Kiesub Electronics was named tops in the small business category.
- CDW will be honored in the recycling category.
- A 10th award â Best in Show â will be announced at the awards event July 24.
No awards will be presented in the new construction, smaller renovation, energy and water categories.
Jennifer Turchin of Coda Group, a previous winner of a Green Award, served as the judge for this yearâs program.
Stories about each of the winners will appear in a special section of the Business Press on July 27.
The individuals and organizations will be honored at a breakfast event, 7:30-9 a.m., on July 24 at Springs Preserve. Tickets are $35 each.
To buy tickets online, visit businesspress.vegas/green-awards. For more information, contact Melissa McCabe, email@example.com.