NAIOP Southern Nevada, the commercial real estate development association, recently announced the winners of its real estate scholarship program. Each of the five UNLV students received $1,000 toward their college education. The recipients were selected based on academic achievement, leadership and overall performance.
The winners include:
• Anthony R. Guttman graduated in spring 2018. He is now attending law school in the Washington DC area. Guttman majored in finance and three minors: real estate, global entrepreneurship and philosophy (concentration in law and justice).
• Hollie Martinez has a double major, Bachelor of Science in economics and real estate and urban economics with an anticipated graduation in May 2019.
• Sally Myint Oo has a major in real estate and minor in earth and environmental science with an anticipated graduation in fall 2019.
• Luke David Ramous has a major in finance and minor in film with an anticipated graduation in May 2019.
• Matthew Yapjoco has a major in finance with an anticipated graduation in fall 2019.
“The LIED Institute for real estate studies is very pleased to receive five scholarships from the local chapter of NAIOP for UNLV students who are preparing for a career in commercial real estate. The criteria for the scholarship was both need-based, as well as based on overall performance as a student in the Lee Business School. We hope that we continue to reward students in the future and increase the pool next year for this scholarship, ” said Vivek Sah, Ph. D., director, LIED Institute for real estate studies.
NAIOP Southern Nevada is a chapter of NAIOP, the commercial real estate development association, and it comprises more than 525 members serving the Southern Nevada market. NAIOP is the leading organization for developers, owners and related professionals in office, industrial, retail and mixed-use real estate, with 19,000 members in North America. NAIOP advances responsible commercial real estate development and advocates for effective public policy. For more information, visit naiopnv.org. For more information on NAIOP corporate, visit naiop.org.