Operated by StartUpNV, a nonprofit statewide incubator and accelerator for Nevada-based startup companies, 45 AngelNV investors will invest at least $200,000 in one of six companies selected by the group as finalists, including three female-owned companies, two from Reno and four in Southern Nevada. The investment will be announced at a special “Shark Tank”-style event May 8 at 1 p.m. at Las Vegas City Hall with Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman giving pre-recorded opening remarks.
Currently, the AngelNV investor group has pledged to invest at least $220,000. By the May 8 event, even more investment funding may be available and awarded to a runner up from the six finalists.
The finalist startups and their service or product offerings are:
• RIOT Wireless — wireless IOT devices for difficult applications and hazmat environments.
• Deck of Dice Gaming — patented free-to-play mobile game with licensing derivatives for the casual and casino gaming markets.
• SafeArbor — IoT hardware and software to protect and track cannabis through the supply chain.
• Freedom Brands — all-natural deodorant and premium body products with clean ingredients.
• Nevaka — software solution for electrical contractors to create/send materials orders in real time.
• Outlaw Soaps — Wild West inspired products for adventurous customers.
Tickets to attend the May 8 event in person can be purchased for $75 at angelnv.com/attend. Space is limited to ensure social distancing, and masks will be required. The event will begin with a networking mixer at 1 p.m. with appetizers and cocktails outside. Attendees then move into City Council Chambers to listen to the finalists pitch the investors — just like on ABC’s “Shark Tank” — at 1:45 p.m. Attendees will enjoy additional mingling and refreshments on the patio while the investors meet to decide who will win the $200,000 investment. The final decision will be announced by 4 p.m.
The event will also be presented on Channel 2 KCLV and live streamed via Zoom and YouTube (free registration is available to view virtually at https://angelnv.com/attend/.)
StartUpNV launched AngelNV last year to foster an angel investment network for Nevada-based startups and attract to the state scalable startup businesses and entrepreneurs with big ideas to build a more diversified and resilient economy. Modeled after the highly successful San Diego Angel Conference, AngelNV is building a bridge between entrepreneurs and angel investors by teaching startups how to raise venture capital and advising potential investors on wise investments. For more information on AngelNV visit www.angelnv.com.