The Henderson Chamber of Commerce and the city of Henderson’s Economic Development & Tourism department hosted Henderson’s 18th Annual Economic Development and Small Business Awards Nov. 30, at the Green Valley Ranch Resort.
The awards program recognizes businesses that have impacted the growth of the city in a variety of ways. The following won in their categories:
CITY OF HENDERSON ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AWARDS
City of Henderson Economic Development Awards were presented by city of Henderson’s Economic Development & Tourism department.
• Economic Development Project of the Year Award — Panattoni: Henderson Freeways Crossing and South 15 Airport Center projects
• Expansion Project of the Year Award — Levi Strauss & Co.
• Redevelopment Project of the Year, Downtown Redevelopment Area Award— TSK Architects: Southend on Water Street and Public Works Coffee Bar
• Redevelopment Project of the Year, Eastside Redevelopment Area Award — Henderson Hospital
• Private Sector Person of the Year Award — Chet Opheikens, R&O Construction
• O’Callaghan Public Sector Person of the Year Award — Dr. Andy Kuniyuki, dean of Nevada State College’s School of Liberal Arts and Sciences
“Redevelopment is a big part of the future of this historic city,” said Barbra Coffee, director of economic development and tourism for the city of Henderson. “It’s also about having a great sense of pride for our community, and these honorees have that tenfold.”
HENDERSON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE SMALL BUSINESS AWARDS
Henderson Chamber of Commerce Small Business Awards were presented by the Henderson Chamber of Commerce.
• All in the Family Award — Pasta Shop Ristorante and Art Gallery
• Business on the RISE Award — Diced Kitchen
• Customer Service Award — Voice Plus Communications
• Innovation Award — Seven Hills Hospital
• Outstanding Community Service Award — Boulder Boats
• Outstanding Nonprofit Award — Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth
• Ambassador of the Year Award — Eliza Budiarto with Gamaprint
• Board Member of the Year Award — Aviva Gordon of Gordon Law
•Noble Award — Trish Nash
“At the end of the year, small businesses, especially, need to know the work is appreciated, and this event is our way of recognizing all the hard work throughout the year,” said Scott Muelrath, president and CEO of the Henderson Chamber of Commerce. “All business drives the economy of the community, but small business is at the heart of all that, and we wanted them to know they’ve been seen and appreciated.”
Henderson Chamber members nominated local businesses for the awards, and a committee chose three finalists in each category that were voted on by the membership as well as the general public.
The Henderson Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit, professional organization committed to promoting and supporting member businesses.
For more information, call the Henderson Chamber of Commerce at 702-565-8951 or visit hendersonchamber.com.